Friday, January 6, 2017

Frozen Christmas

This short composition is dedicated to Roy, the Newspaper Man. I remember when I was in the car with my mom. Roy was on the side of the road selling newspapers near the Eco Park. My mom gets to buy some from him on her way to work. She always gives him a little extra. That day I literally saw icicles hanging off of his beard. It just broke my heart. He's a sweet man. He always says "God bless you" when you buy from him.

God bless you, Roy. 

Much love and best wishes this Christmas and New Year,
Marielle
...............................................................................................................

Cold

Icicles hanging off my beard

Frozen sneakers and bare hands

Newspapers at my feet and no penny to spare

Empty pockets and not a Christmas to spend

No comments:

Post a Comment